Inspirations


1. Halloween Festivities
As you know from my Halloween post, I was planning for a big night out last Wednesday, but my plans changed when my roommate came down with a 103 degree fever (feel better!). Because I (obviously) couldn’t go to a party without the Fred to my Daphne, we stayed in for a night that ended up being arguably much better than any party could have been. We started the night with some Chipotle (nom), came home to pass out candy to the swarm of costume-clad children and parents in our neighborhood, made Halloween themed cocktails, and watched Hocus Pocus. (I also wore a princess crown around the house for the entirety of the night which was both a big hit with trick-or-treaters and a big source of comedy for my housemates.) The drinks I made (below) were both simple and delicious: cherry rum, sparkling pomegranate and blood orange juices from Trader Joe’s, fresh cranberries and a sugared rim for effect. 



2. Scented candles
Like every other 20-something girl, I love scented candles. Last year, a good friend introduced me to the Voluspa Baltic Amber candle from Anthropologie (purchase here) and I fell in love. I have gone through an embarrassing amount of these candles since then, and even purchased the room spray to assure that my room always smells of warm ambery goodness. I light this candle every night before bed which has become one of the many rituals that I incorporate into my everyday life to maintain a level of sanity amongst whatever stressors life throws at me (i.e. rejection).



3. A hearty breakfast
I have recently speculated that I have some sort of food intolerance that is yet to be named. I’m pretty sure that it's either soy or gluten, but whatever it is, it makes for a lot of post-meal pain. Until I am able to definitively say which culprit has been upsetting my poor little tummy, I have been sticking to a diet filled with eggs, rice, and beans (lots of protein and easy on the stomach). One of my favorite breakfasts is an egg white scramble with onion, tomato, spinach, feta cheese, avocado and salsa on the side (with coffee, of course. Lots of coffee). Protein is fun!



Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment