Update

Here is a much needed apology to my mom everyone for the lack of blog posts recently. I'll give you (a) an update on why I've been so busy and (b) a promise that my posts will be regular again soon! Here are a few things that have been going on in my life:
  • I sent in my application for Teach for America back in September, and have since been going through their intensive selection process. I made it to the final interview, which was two weeks ago, and I hear back on Thursday. I am so nervous/excited/anxious, I know that their selectivity sits at about 10% of all applicants, so please keep your fingers crossed for me!
  • This past weekend was homecoming at my college. It was so much fun, the best weekend I've had in awhile, and I'd tell you more except I'm struggling to find any stories that don't start with "We were all so drunk and..." (the point of homecoming is to drink like pretend that you're in college again, right? RIGHT??)
  • I've been writing a lot, which is both good and bad. Bad because every time I write something I decide it is the worst thing that has ever been written by anyone ever and hate myself for doing such a dishonor to people everywhere. (Does the fact that I also like writing make me a masochist? Maybe just a little bit.)
  • Taylor Swift's new album came out, so I have had no choice but to spend the bulk of my days memorizing every single lyric. Side note: the majority of the songs on her album are about Jake Gyllenhaal (I know this because I obsessively googled it) whom she only dated for two months. This is making me feel so much more sane in my own love life that I'm thinking I could probably get away with upping the crazy ante. 
Okay, so maybe I really haven't been too busy to blog. Previous statement rescinded. Expect more posts soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment