Inspirations

1. Rainy days
Rainy weather is my favorite kind of weather. Ever. Yesterday was perfect: slight drizzle and dark cloudy skies, a day made for boots and a scarf. I spent most of the day at Casbah, a silverlake cafe, doing work and drinking tea. Days like these remind me that life is meant to be enjoyed, not battled.



2. Fall nail polishes
The sorority girl inside of me gets entirely too excited over nail polish. Really, I can’t tell you how many conversations I have started with girls by saying "OMG love your nails" (how do guys make friends?). I embrace this adorable annoying trait because while it seems totally silly, I’ve found that it's important to indulge in the little things that make me feel pretty. I absolutely love the colors that are trending this fall, and have stocked up on both navy and burgundy polishes accordingly. I’ve been wearing Essie’s Aruba Blue and getting a ton of compliments.



3. Runyon Canyon
If you haven’t been to Runyon Canyon, go. Now. Seriously. There is a reason celebrities frequent this hiking trail so often: it has the most vivid LA views that I have ever seen (not to mention that you can let dogs off their leashes and having a dog seems to be a prerequisite for the famous). My friend and I took the easiest trail, but we he wants to work up to the hardest (and highest) hike. From the top of the trail we took, you can see the Hollywood sign, downtown, santa monica, hollywood, and the ocean. It really doesn’t get much better as far as views go, not to mention that seeing so much of the city really grounds you in your own existence. And living in this city, grounding can be hard to come by.




No comments:

Post a Comment