Tomato salad with simple dressing

It's no question that fall is my favorite season of the year. Back to school shopping excitement aside, one of my most annoying cutest qualities has to be how excited I get over my favorite holidays (Halloween is in 31 days and I'm already perfecting my costume). I'm waiting for my roommates to give me the okay to start blasting Christmas music and watching Elf on the regs. They say I "have to" wait until after Thanksgiving but we'll see about that.


What will I miss most about summer? The seasonal fruit and veggies that it brings. One of my favorite snacks this season has been a fresh tomato salad inspired by the current heirloom tomato salad at one of my favorite restaurants, Lemonade. It's easy, healthy, and so delicious. 


Ingredients: tomatoes, white wine vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, sea salt, basil, and pepper.

Halve cherry tomatoes and put in bowl.

Mix ~1/2 cup olive oil and ~2 tbsp white wine vinegar (taste to perfect proportions). Add sea salt, basil, and pepper to taste.

Add dressing to tomatoes for the finished product. Yum!


No comments:

Post a Comment