Inspirations

1. Lady Gaga's new Body Revolution campaign.
Lady Gaga's newly launched campaign was created as a response to media humiliation over her recent gain weight. She speaks out about having had an eating disorder since she was 15 and extends her famous slogan, "Born this Way," to the body. If you haven't read about the campaign yet, do so here. My favorite quote from this jezebel article: "Wanting to love yourself and actually hating yourself, wanting to be better than a disorder but letting it control you [...]" Who hasn't been there?

2. Mumford and Sons' new album, Babel. 
I fell in love with Mumford & Sons the first time I heard them on the radio in 2011. I was going through a break up and "Little Lion Man" quickly and unsurprisingly became my number 1 played song on iTunes. I think they might be too in-sync with my love life, because lo and behold, here is a new album for a new break up! (Hopefully this doesn't continue to be a trend?) My favorite song from Babel so far is Holland Road mostly because of this line: "And I knew your pain and the effect of my shame / but you cut me down, / you cut me down." Sing it, Mumford.

3. LA is finally cooling down.
After suffering through 100+ degree weather for the past few months on the top floor of a house with no air conditioning (in case you were wondering, it really is true that heat rises) I am ecstatic over the recent cool down (okay, 'cool' down may be an overstatement, let's go with 'less-oppressively-hot' down). Regardless of what it's like during the day, the nights have been legitimately chilly. And by chilly I do mean that I have been sleeping under my covers. That's right, I see you, winter.

Enjoy the weekend!

1 comment: