The weekend I spent as a "woo girl" in Vegas

Last Friday, I decided last minute to join a group of friends going to Vegas. It was my first trip to the city since I've turned 21, so up until this point I've viewed Vegas as a place to go with my parents to get spa treatments/shop all day and eat at upscale restaurants/see shows at night. I quickly learned this is not why people come to Vegas. Who knew?

I had a fun time, but I have to admit, I don't think I'm cut out for the lifestyle of sin city. We didn't get to our hotel until 11:00 (PM!!!) on Friday night, and didn't make it to a club until 1. Needless to say, I was more than exhausted after driving from LA (not to mention that my usual bedtime is 10, maybe 12 on weekends but let's not push it). Saturday was spent eating a huge brunch (chocolate chip pancakes the size of my face at Rock Bar) and lounging by the pool. And by lounging, I mean witnessing a bit of a scandal when a couple decided to have sex against their room window overlooking the pool (I have no appropriate commentary on this).

Night 1 (Jess, me and V)
The second night we made it out earlier, so after a delicious Italian dinner, we went to club XS to see Calvin Harris. Unfortunately, a creepy drunk guy (presumably the only kind of guy in Vegas) who kept hitting on V and me (at the same time) put me in not-the-best-of-moods. Sitting on a couch, three one too many vodka sours in, I informed my friends that I would leave early to avoid being a "drunk crying betch." Definitely one of my classier moments.
Night 2
Don't get me wrong--I had a great time and was as loud and obnoxious as you could possibly stereotype a girl in Vegas to be (I JUST WANNA DANCE!). But given my more-than-slight dislike for strangers, sleazy drunk men, and nighttime in general, I don't think this is "my" city.

No comments:

Post a Comment