Inspirations

1. Robert Creeley poetry
If you haven't read any Robert Creeley, please do so immediately. Yes, I realize that not everybody is like me and reads poetry for fun on the daily, but I urge you to give it a try. My academic advisor turned me on to his writing a few years ago, and I have been both collecting and loving his works ever since. His prose is subtle yet artful, with intentional pauses and a distinct rhythm. He authors my all-time favorite poem, The Flower (read it here). I read this poem daily during my recovery, and continue to do so often to remind myself that in tragedy there is beauty.


2. Beautiful LA views from a look out spot with my best friend

A few nights ago, my bff and I (both plagued with strep throat) decided to leave the house (for the first time in embarrassingly long) to get some milkshakes to calm our throats. We drove up to a lookout spot for some unbeatable downtown LA views, sat on the hood of her car, and talked while TaySwift played in the background. Sometimes I think we will never grow out of our nine-year-old selves, and to be honest, I hope we never do. I think it is important to have at least one person in your life with whom filters don't exist so you can channel your inner-child and just be.

No comments:

Post a Comment